The designated HVAC technician will be responsible for inspection, maintaining, and repairing heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems and components.
This position will be based on the Client’s SAGD facility in Fort McMurray, AB.
Rotation: 15 days on, 13 days off
Work condition: Seasonal work. About 6 months per year during summertime (June, July, August) and wintertime (November, December, January)
· Perform all required preventative maintenance on heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems and components;
· Ensure that all heating, ventilation and air conditioning work is completed in compliance with codes and regulations;
· Troubleshoot ventilation fans, chillers, condensers, cooling units, electrical heaters;
· Identify required parts and contact vendors to get quotes;
· Survey the refrigerant units and charge refrigerant as needed;
· Prepare PTW, LOTO, CSE as required;
· Respond to emergency calls as required;
· Ideal candidate is expected to comply with company policies, standards and procedures including but not limited to: adhere to drug and alcohol policy, attend safety meeting, use of appropriate PPE for the job, participate in JSA’s, participate and complete training assigned and reporting any unsafe and potential hazardous work conditions;
· Reports to Maintenance Lead;
· Other duties as assigned.
· Holds a valid HVAC-R ticket;
· 5+ years experience within the commercial and industrial environment, especially in Oil Sands project, mostly in North America;
· Valid Class 5 Drivers License;
· Familiarity with Honeywell HVAC Control System;
· Familiarity with Liebert Precise cooling units;
· Supervise staffs to inspect and change HVAC filters;
· Provide other complete facilities operations and maintenance duties as they arise.
· Current safety tickets required: Confined Space Entry/Monitor, Standard First Aid, WHMIS 2015, H2S Alive, Fall Protection, TDG;
· Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
If you are interested in this opportunity please submit your application to CPECC. Please quote: HVAC Technician in the subject line.
Please visit our site at http://cpecc.ca/careers.html and view our current opportunities.
To become a first-rate petroleum engineering company in the world and customers' favorite service provider.
To provide a quality, safe and environment friendly services and products for users through advanced technology, efficient management and unique culture, to increase investment value of users' projects.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in the position, however only those who are being considered for the interview will be contacted.
CPECC Canada is an equal opportunity employer, hiring qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, place of origin, gender, sex, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, source of income or sexual orientation. We are committed to consultation with our local and Aboriginal communities in order to better understand issues of mutual concern and benefit. We value the diversity of our employees and are committed to creating a culture of mutual respect.
** Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited résumé into CPECC through a hiring manager or an HR email does so with the understanding that the applicant's résumé will become the property of CPECC. CPECC Canada will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.